8/21/2008

A TRIP INTO FAIRYLAND

A while back I blogged about Leucocoprinus birnbaumii, a lovely yellow mushroom that will grow in houseplant soil. It's not harmful to the plant, but don't eat it or allow pets to nibble it.

On a hike in Shingletown Gap with some friends, I felt like I had entered a fairy world in part because I saw so many colors and forms of fungi. Don't worry. We didn't eat any magic mushrooms, so all of the forest's magical qualities reflected in my photos are real.

Had a wedding party passed through here before we arrived? The trail littered with and surrounded by beautiful white blooms was inspiring.





Extraordinary life forms were everywhere.

Perhaps these "seahorses" transported the bride and groom.


I can't put all of my photos in this blog, so if you want to see more, click this.

No comments: